During the weekend, I enjoy cooking things that usually does not require a time limit on when it has to be ready. We may have steak and potatoes, burgers and homemade french fries, breakfast, etc. Whatever the menu, it's nice to to not have a schedule like during the week.
When visiting Winn Dixie on Friday, to give them a good portion of my paycheck, I walked past a display of fresh and ever so yummy smelling donuts. Needless to say, I picked up a package and placed it right on top of my buggy. I had been craving some homemade lasagna so I bought all the ingredients to make it and satisfy my craving.
Breakfast usually consists of cheesy browns, toast and bacon. Depending on the time of breakfast, 9, 10 or 11, we may skip lunch and have an early dinner. However, yesterday, we mixed it up a bit.
Donuts for breakfast
Turkey Sandwiches for lunch
Homemade lasagna for dinner
And since it was half gone, which usually means it was delish, I will share the recipe with you.
Serves/Makes: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups (about 28 oz. jar) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 1-3/4 cups (15 oz. container) ricotta
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Skinner Lasagna, uncooked
ENJOY!!! And let me know if you like the recipe.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In 3 quarts sauce pan, brown meat; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, one-half mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 3 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with about 1 cup sauce.
- Spread one-half cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.