What a day, a mean... what a week!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

To say I'm excited this day/week is over just might be an understatement.  It's been an eventful week... literally.  Not only have there been events to cover for the magazine all week that went through today, but life in general has been eventful.    

The week was full of meetings with advertisers and covering events but, Wednesday evening stands out the most for me.  Until Wednesday, no one but Terry knew about a "little" problem I was having with my left foot.  Since the end of October, I've had a lot of pain in my heel and I figured I had a stone bruise.  Only when it didn't seem to ever go away, I did some research online and found out that it can take up to 4 months for it to heal.  Well, as you know February is coming to an end and the pain was still there. Wednesday was the worst day I've ever had with my foot.  I wore some cute heels to visit some advertisers in Philadelphia that morning/afternoon and we basically parked and just walked.  And when I got home, I had to chase Marleigh due to two stray dogs that came in the yard.  So, that evening, I was finally able to sit and relax while watching TV and I went to get up to take her back outside and I couldn't walk.  I'm talking NO weight on my left foot at all.  It was so painful that I wanted to head to the ER but I didn't want to go because there is always something floating around in the waiting room.  So, Terry and I decided that Thursday morning, I would be at the doctors office.  

Thursday morning came after no sleep and I was at the doctors office when the doors opened.  Thankfully, I know all the nurses and Dr. Anderson personally so they let me go on up for an xray while I was waiting to get back for him to see me.  Praise the Lord there weren't any broken bones or a bone spur.  I was told I have Plantar Fasciitis.  Which means, it's an overuse injury affecting the sole of the foot.  A diagnosis of plantar fasciitis means you have inflamed the tough, fibrous band of tissue connecting your heel bone to the base of your toes.  And, I was told that if left untreated could cause major walking problems.  So, I left with a couple of prescriptions to help with the inflammation and three shots.  And let me make this real clear for anyone who has not ever had a shot in their foot.  IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!!  Took 8 minutes for the entire injection in the foot.  I don't think I've ever said some of those words in my life.    

I was told to take it easy and stay off my foot, but have you ever spent a day in the life of Joy?  There is never a dull moment and never time to rest or take it easy.  So after getting the shots and going to MLT that evening, we decided that tonight (Saturday) was going to be a shorter night out than we originally had planned.  We were suppose to go to the JA Ball after the MSO Gala but decided against it after my doctor called yesterday to see how the foot was doing.  

The MSO Gala was wonderful and it was great to see everyone out and about.  I hate we missed the JA Ball this year, but we thought it was best for me to get out of those high heels.  Now, we are sitting at home in jammies watching the UFC fight.  I can't wait for tomorrow:  sleeping in, relaxing and watching movies with my love.  

Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! 



  1. I had PF in my left foot for several weeks once and thought I wouldn't make it. You have my sympathy!!! Rest if really the only way to heal it. Be patient and BEWARE: CUTE SHOES. lol

  2. Yeah, the doc forgot to mention that after I got the shot in the foot to stay off of it for 24 hours. I was on it for about 14 hours straight. So, I'm now icing the foot and staying off of it til Monday. Thankfully he called me in some pain meds and it's helping with the throbbing. And when he saw me tonight at the event, he said, WHY ARE YOU IN HEELS. Hello, doc - can't wear a cute dress and ugly shoes! Hence why we didn't go to the JA Ball.


Thanks for taking a moment to read the Sowell Life.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan