***If any other bloggers not in Alabama want to do this self interview, you can... just comment below or tweet me so I can read yours!***
1. What part of the state do you call home?
We live just a few miles South of Birmingham — what I like to call the center of the state!
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in January 2009.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Originally I started this blog as a way to way document all the social events I was attending as the editor of a social magazine in Mississippi. After meeting the man of my dreams and now husband, the blog changed to more of an online scrapbook and a lifestyle blog.
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
Hands down, it's meeting all of my sister bloggers in Alabama and seeing they love blogging just as much as I do!
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
If you're like me, you grew up planning your life out. You know, married by 22... mom by 24... yeah, that didn't happen. I've learned that you can't plan your life, because God already has. What I'd like to see in 5 years is a house full of little Sowell kids for the Mr and I to chase around while enjoying our sweet southern life.
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
Okay, y'all might laugh at this, but I love Melissa McCarthy. Everyone always loves her character and laughs throughout whatever she plays.
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
Giving birth to little Sowell's, visit New York, vacation in Hawaii, see our 50th wedding anniversary, own a little cabin on a lake.
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
I'd hope I'm already known for this, but being a Christian. I want my light to shine for Him through my words on my blog, through my actions and my conversations.
9. Describe the best moment in your life.
March 12, 2012 — when I married my soulmate and best friend.
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
A talk show host. Call me crazy, but I'd love the chance to interview folks for a living and give them a good dose of southern hospitality.
11. What or who inspires you to blog?
Life... our life inspires me to blog. I truly do love our sweet southern life, and I want others to enjoy my writing and hopefully inspire them to continue to write posts for their blog.
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
One of the first places we ate at once we moved to Alabama was Jim N Nicks... if you haven't been, well you've got to give it a try!
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
We sit down at our table for every lunch and dinner at our home. We both think it's very important to come together and talk about our day and enjoy each other's company while eating our meals together.
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you!Twitter Facebook Instagram Bloglovin