Everyone loves to get a little inside information about the people who are behind the blog. So today, I'm going to answer a few questions for y'all. AND, I'm going to tag a few of my sweet blog friends to have them answer some questions that even I'm dying to know! Sound like fun? Good, cause I'm going with it! BTW, the questions came from Brooks over at Cotton and Boots. She nominated me for the Liebster award, and since I've done that post many times before, I figured I would answer her questions this way!
1. What was your inspiration for your blog name?
This is an easy one. The Mr and I got married back in March of 2012, and this blog became "our" blog and we call it the Sowell life. Cause, you know, that's our last name. On a side note, before I was married the blog was called Confessions of a Southern Socialite. Before we moved to Alabama, I was the editor of a social magazine and that's how that name came to be.
2. Apples or oranges?
Without a doubt, apples. I will drink OJ, but usually only when I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I'm a sweet girl, not tart! =)
3. What's your gulity pleasure t.v. show?
Show? Make that SHOWS. How I love reality TV, let me count the ways... Real Housewives of Orange County, Beverly Hills, Atlanta, and New Jersey; Million Dollar Listings, Don't be Tardy, and pretty much anything else on Bravo; Keeping Up With The Kards, here recently The Bacherlotte and of course the Dance Moms.
4. If you have one last meal, what would it be?
Without a doubt, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, and cornbread.
5. What's your first blog you want to read during the day?
That's a hard one, but whoever has posts on my sidebar that I haven't read the day before... that's where I start. If you don't follow any of those lovely ladies under "blog I love" go check them out. I love them all! That's why they are there!
6. Northern or Southern?
Considering my first born's first word will probably be "y'all" you better believe I'm a Southern Belle. =)
7. You have to leave your home immediately - what are three items you must have?
iPhone, purse, car keys
8. When you get angry about something, do you hold it in or let it show?
Boy, this is a hard one. I'm trying to do better, but I do let it show. I clam up, and refuse to speak. If, I'm really ticked off, you might even hear a rant or two.
9. If you could have dinner with any of the Presidents (passed or living), Who would it be and why?
George W. Bush... mainly because he was the first President I was able to vote for, and I think his wife is pretty classy.
10. What was your favorite childhood memory?
This answer mainly has to do with summer because I remember every summer day, we would go to the pool for at least 4 or 5 hours and swim our little hearts out. We'd play Marco Polo, Favorite Things, and dive for the colorful sticks. Another favorite about summer was going to a theme park with my parents once a year. Does anyone else remember Opryland USA? Man, I wish it was still open.
11. Ultimate dream date?
If we're talking about an actual date, I love our wedding date, March 12, 2012. If we're talking an ultimate dream date... a dinner on the beach alone with my husband by candlelight. We had this the night of our wedding, but I'd love to relive it all over again. We had a table set on a pier over the ocean with white glove service. Having an intimate dinner while listening to the waves crashing in below us, it was the perfect ending to our wedding day. Of course, we don't live in Jamaica or on the beach, so if I can't have that, just give me the old fashioned movie and a dinner date! =)
Now, who to tag...
I'm going with Darby, Stephanie, Suze, Nadine, Katelyn, Sylvia, Jenny, Jessica, Megan and Lauren!
So ladies, here are the questions I'm going to ask you to answer. I'm going with 12 because that's one of my favorite numbers. And, if you want to keep it going and tag others to have your questions answered... do it. However, there's no rules here. =)
1. Out of the 24 hours in a day, what is your favorite time on the clock and why?
2. What is your favorite magazine to get in the mail or buy in the store?
3. Twitter or Facebook?
4. What's your best memory of high school?
5. What's your go to website for shopping?
6. A blogger who inspires you?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
8. What's a book you'd recommend to read?
9. A favorite recipe you love to make?
10. Your favorite app on your phone?
11. You've got an afternoon kid free and job free, what would you do?
12. The restaurant you always crave?
Even if you aren't tagged, feel free to grab the questions and post about them. Just be sure to let me know you have one posted so I can head over and learn more about you, too!
Happy Tuesday, y'all!!