Fortunately for me, I've found some wonderful recipes. And most of them require ingredients that I already have in the house. And that, my friends, is worth the time to make them any day.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) mashed bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, sugar and butter in large bowl until creamy; add banana, egg, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Add to banana mixture; mix until soft dough forms. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
This recipe is so easy to make, and your family will love them. The cookies are light and sooo soft. And they got a thumbs up from a 18 month old and a 5 year old. So they are definitely kid approved!
The last round of cookies I added an ingredient... I took a spoonful of Nutella and swirled it in the dough. Just an FYI... I'll be doing this EVERY time I make them from now on. Perfection!