Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (I found the recipe at a website found here)
1 box red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C. powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Scoop out pieces of dough that are about 1 tablespoon in size, or a little bigger. (Dough will be gooey.)
4. Drop into powdered sugar and cover with the sugar, then place on the cookie sheet 3 inches away from other dough balls. ***Note: You'll need to press the balls down using three fingers!***
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes and let cool.
6. Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto the bottom of half the cookies, sandwich with another cookie and then roll in coarse sugar to decorate.
They are seriously to die for, and so easy to make! Y'all try them out and let me know what you think!