A little update...

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ever have one of those weeks that flies by, but in your mind it's been at a standstill? That was this past week for me.

In November 2005, I purchased my first home. I had taken a job in Jackson, Mississippi with The Clarion Ledger and decided it was time to plant some roots of my own. I loved my home, the people I met through work, and my neighbors. I stayed for almost two years before I got the call to come back to Meridian to start up a new social magazine. It was a job I couldn't turn down, but I didn't want to leave my new home or new friends that I had met. After a lot of prayer and counsel from family, friends and mentors, I took the job back home. I put my home on the market and prayed for a buyer. This was during the middle of the worst housing market known to man, and it wasn't in the cards for me to have a buyer at that time. So I rented the house to a sweet couple who were friends of our family. They loved my house just as much as I did. Since then, two more families have lived in that home. And my last family that rented loved the house so much, they decided to purchase it from me.

In the meantime, I purchased another home in Meridian, Mississippi. I fell in love with it just like I did my first home in Jackson. After living in my Mdn home for four and a half years, the Mr took a job in Birmingham, Alabama and we moved here. I've been lucky to have great renters in my home there as well. It is now up for rent/sell, again. We're praying for that right person to come into the picture, soon.

So, this past Thursday I was scheduled to close on the house in Jackson. Mom had come over with dad earlier in the week and she rode back to Meridian with me on Wednesday so we could break the four and a half hour trip up. AC is a great traveler, but we didn't want to put her through too much at once.

Once we arrived in Meridian we went to visit my Grandmother. Her health is declining with each passing day, and we are praying for peace and comfort for her, and our family. It's hard to watch someone you love lose the battle, but she's tired of fighting and has said many times that she's ready to see her Jesus. She's my last living grandparent. And while selfishly I'd love for her to get better and continue to be with us to watch AC grow up, I know she is ready to go home. Wednesday could have very well been the last time this side of Heaven that we got to spend time with her. And I'm thankful she and Avery had a few smiles between each other.

Thursday morning we traveled to Jackson so I could sign at the closing. It had been over three years since I drove that direction. And I intended to drive by my house one more time, but timing did not work out. I have many memories with that house, but I'm happy that it will be loved by another family as much as I loved that home. Afterwards we celebrated at Georgia Blue before heading back to Meridian to pick up MB and make our way back to Bham.

It was a long day of driving for me, and a long day of riding for Ganny and Avery, too. Even MB was pretty tired of riding.

AC's had a little cold this week, but she's been a trooper. We're hopeful she's on the downhill part of this cold because it's whooping all our tails at night. And the Mr has been working 13-14 hour days, and is even back at work this morning. We're hoping the rest of the weekend is quiet where we all three can relax and get some rest, because another week will be here soon.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.


  1. Oh my goodness! What a week! I hope Miss AC starts to feel better!

  2. Lots of driving for you! Glad to hear about the Jackson house, hopefully something equally great will work out with the other. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, but that photo is priceless! What a treat for her to meet her great grandchild! Prayers for your family!


Thanks for taking a moment to read the Sowell Life.

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan