I woke up this morning and scanned Facebook and hundreds of first day school pictures covered my newsfeed. Kinda hard to believe it's the time for another year of school to begin. I saw a lot of friends I graduated high school with showing off their little ones dressed in their school uniforms and their backpacks loaded with school supplies. But seeing those friends that I went to school with brought back a lot of memories from my school days.
• We didn't have school uniforms, but I remember how that first day of school outfit was the most important (besides school photo day). This started all the way from elementary and lasted through high school.
• Having cool school supplies from the backpacks all the way to the pencils. I'm sure they still have these, but you remember the pens and pencils with names on them? I was never the kid to have those because we could never find my name on them.
• In elementary your desk was paired with another desk. Finding out who your "paired" classmate was could make or break your year.
• Let's not forget having to walk in line in alphabetical order and the seating chart for the lunch room. And the lunch room food... the only day I wouldn't bring my lunch was pizza Friday. Pizza and french fries, I mean who would have thought that would be a hit?
• Standing to say the pledge of allegiance every morning with the leaders over the loud speaker.
• PE — otherwise known as social time. You know, cause you can't talk in the classroom.
• 5th grade and changing classes... having different teachers for different subjects — life changing.
• 7th grade... the year I officially hated my hair and learned about chemical straighteners.
• 9th grade... going to pep rallies and yelling out your graduation year. Let's here it for the Class of 1999.
• 11th grade... first year to go to prom, first year to drive to school, first year to leave school early every day.
• 12th grade... only the best year of your life. You're class rules the school, you know that in a few short months you'll be done with grade school forever and you start planning your future.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. What do you remember most about your first day of school?
Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go!
2 hours ago